Val Gardena looks to the end of summer with a hit list of great things to do...
Calling all culture vultures, hikers, and climbers – are you ready? Autumn is close and we wish to entice you with many ideas for an unforgettable holiday time! We list 10 ideas to make your autumn a real golden period:
- Get to know the “Val Gardena Crown“: referred to in the local Ladin language as “Curona de Gherdëina“ is a new and exciting trekking proposal comprising of a 5 day itinerary which makes its way around the whole valley.
- Long live culture: the Ladin culture and sculpture weeks at S. Cristina from 31.08. to 21.09.2014 are a real treat. Join us!
- Take part in a trekking weekend: a great chance to experience nature at its best and accompanied by expert alpine guides. Choose from the periods going from 10 to 14.09., from 17 to 21.09., and from 24 to 28.09.2014.
- Discover the new “eco“ trend: as part of the “ECOdolomites” event on 12 and 13.09.2014 there will be many electric vehicles on show and all the new features concerning e-mobility.
- Folklore music: the XIII edition of the “Die Ladiner” festival from 12 to 14.09.2014 promises to be a wonderful 3 days of music.
- A traditonal event: on 14.09.2014 bring the cattle from the mountain pasture.
- The Dolomites close-up: “MOVE-Feel the Dolomites“ is the name given to the week dedicated to hiking and climbing from 21 to 28.09.2014. You’ll get to know the Dolomites as they really are in all their splendid and varied majesty.
- Get to know more about local culture and tradition: the “Alpenländische Begegnungen” event on 26.09.2014 is full of music and tale from the German Alpine tradition.
- Visit S. Giacomo and celebrate its patron: this quarter of Ortisei celebrates its patron saint on 12.10.2014. Don’t miss out on the “Segra Sacun“ traditional market day: on 13.10.2014 the biggest market event of the year is held in Ortisei.
- See and support great tennis champions: this international “Sparkasse ATP-Challenger” tournament with total prize money of € 64.000,00 is from 1 to 8.11.2014 and is a one-off opportunity to see tennis of the highest level.
As you can see Val Gardena – in the heart of the UNESCO World Natural Heritage of the Dolomites - is the place to be in autumn and in this season it certainly shows itself off to best effect. Join in the fun!